— Staff Reports, January 29, 2020 —
Student Ambassadors TikTok Voter Education Challenge Guide
The Student Ambassadors TikTok Voter Education Challenge is open to any and all teams participating in the Student Ambassadors program. Candidates must be enrolled in a participating high school and must be in good standing with their respective school.
To enter, create a 15-60 second long video with the hashtag #SecureTheVoteGA and submit it via email along with this signed document to Brandon Mooney (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Anna Caroline Soldan (email@example.com). It is imperative that you email your video to both individuals.
Video rules and guidelines:
- Absolutely no cursing, drug paraphernalia, or inappropriate gestures.
- Videos cannot be political (for example, you cannot endorse a party or candidate).
- Videos must be between 15-60 seconds long.
- Teams can submit one TikTok per week.
- Videos must promote at least one of the followings topics:
- Students are encouraged to get creative with their videos through the use of art, humor, props, etc.
- Videos posted online must use the hashtag #gasosambassadors and #securethevotega.
- Videos must be submitted by 5:00 pm on Friday, April 3, 2020.
- Every team gets 200 points for each submitted TikTok.
- 1st Place winners will receive 1,000 points, swag bags, and the opportunity to have their videos posted on the Secure the Vote website and social media outlets.
- 2nd Place winners will receive 500 points.
- 3rd Place winners will receive 250 points.
By entering this competition, advisors give The Office of the Secretary of State permission to use their submitted videos for advertising purposes.