— By, WABE,
Thursday, January 2, 2020 on “Closer Look with Rose Scott:”
- Rose Scott gives a news brief on Georgia Representative Richard Smith’s appointment as the new leader of the Georgia House Rules Committee.
- In other news, the Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport is officially smoke-free.
- Finally, the PBS Kids television program, “Arthur,” recently wished Georgia Congressman John Lewis a “speedy recovery” in a post on Facebook, following news that the congressman has been diagnosed with advanced pancreatic cancer.
- 02:51: From lawsuits alleging voter suppression to the state’s new voting machines, “Closer Look with Rose Scott” begins the new year with a focus on the Georgia voter. We begin with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, who joins us in the studio today for a conversation about voter equity and fairness.
- 32:28: Last July, Georgia Governor Brian Kemp swore in a new commissioner of the Department of Juvenile Justice. Tyrone Oliver now leads the DJJ, which serves the state’s youth offenders up to the age of 21 years old. Today, we revisit his recent conversation with “Closer Look” host Rose Scott.